Loan Operations Specialist
This position is responsible for certain duties within the Loan Operations department. This includes but not limited to corresponding with the Loan Officer/Processor and Attorney regarding all Real Estate Loans. Processes all Real Estate loans with all supporting documentation and sends to Loan Officer for closings. Assists the Loan Operations Manager in any area of the department needed.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Correspond with Loan Officer/Secretary regarding information for Real Estate Loans
- Correspond with Attorney’s regarding the Closing Disclosure on Real Estate Loans
- Review all documentation in the Real Estate files prior to processing for accuracy
- Type loans and the supporting documentation for all Real Estate Loans
- Clear any exception to any documentation that was created by Centralized Processing
- Logs incoming mail under dual control
- Uploads all loans to the core system
- Balances appraisal General Ledger monthly
- Handles the bi-monthly appraisal billing
- Handles all escrow disbursements and analysis’
- Handles the force-placed insurance and monthly balancing of the general ledger
- Maintenance to the system including extensions and modifications
- General Ledger morning balancing and mailing statements to customers (rotation)
- Posting and balancing branch payments at end of day (rotation)
- Payments and draws from the mail, teller line, lenders (rotation)
- Assists with some monthly board reports
- Assist with the tracking of Real Estate Loans and working up paid outs
- Assist the Loan Operations Manager in any area needed
- Back up to Edits loans to the core system
- Professional relationship with management and team members.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform tasks with reliability, quickly and accurately.
- A thorough understanding of policies and procedures pertaining to the functions within the department.
- Ability to operate and accomplish shared goals of the department and the Bank.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Ability to think practices through, problem solve and share helpful information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a high pressure environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Effectively communicate orally, in writing and with written procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to complete task within an established timeframe
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This position description has excluded the marginal or peripheral functions that are incidental to performance of primary functions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This position description does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.